* In order to join an off-leash hike, dogs must be reliable off leash and friendly with dogs and people. Off-leash reliability involves coming when called, following the lead of their human and returning to their human in a woodland location.
* Pick-up for the 1st hike is generally between 8 a.m. and 10:15 a.m., drop off is generally between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Pick-up for the second hike is generally between 11:30 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. Drop off for the second hike is generally between 3 and 4:30. Hikes are at least 60 minutes in length, but we often stay longer. We ask clients to let us know the night before if they have special time restrictions. We will generally need a two-hour window for neighborhood walks.
* During hikes, we spend time on and off main trails. As the woods offers a variety of conditions, especially through changes in season and weather, it is not possible to always avoid water and mud during off-leash hikes. We are happy to rinse and wipe your dog at drop off if you leave a towel and access to water. We can also send a text to meet you at drop-off.
* Our off-leash hikes serve as an excellent place to build upon and develop off-leash skills. Nevertheless, our hikes do not serve as a substitute for an owner's participation in their own dog's training. This is something that we can discuss at our initial meet and greet.
* There are occasional natural and unavoidable risks associated with off leash hikes. Clients must have knowledge of, and a reasonable perspective of these risks. This is also something that can be discussed at the initial meet and greet.
* We offer a complimentary meet and greet for new clients.
* We do not charge fees for cancelations or schedule changes.
* All of our services are subject to availability.
* New clients will be asked to provide documentation showing that their dog is up to date on their shots, along with the name and address of their veterinarian and an emergency contact telephone number.
* We are open in all weather conditions, and on many holidays (with a few exceptions). We provide as needed weekend services to our existing clients. We will close when roads are unsafe for driving.